Fix the Error "debconf DbDriver "config" /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by another process Resource temporarily unavailable
You have encountered the above error in Debian or Debian based GNU/Linux Distribution.
This may cause problems like:
- errors in sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade, sudo apt-get install, and other processes. - dpkg: error processing package - post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 - Errors were encountered while processing - E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
- Step 1. Execute command in terminal
sudo fuser -v /var/cache/debconf/config.dat
- Step 2. You will get result in following format. Copy the PID from it.
USER PID ACCESS COMMAND
- Step 3. Execute command. Replace PID with your actual PID. If the first command works, then second command will give output “No such process”
sudo kill PID or sudo kill -9 PID
- Step 4. Now you will not get the error.